Monday, June 21, 2010

Moving Forward

...in a manner of speaking anyway...still can't drive the car.

It's been a while since I updated the blog so there's been a reasonable amount of progress; mostly metal work, but also some other stuff which I'll get to later.

The numerous rust holes in the passenger front have been cut out, patches formed and welded in, painted and seam sealed.

Before:

After:


The picture isn't great since I took it at night; the flash is reflecting off of every piece of dust and dirt in the car.

I still need to patch the hole in the rocker, somehow I forgot about that and moved on to the back of the car. I started digging at the rust in the well behind the drivers side rear wheel. At first glance it looked like just surface rust but once I really got into it I found several spots where it'd rusted through, so...out came the angle grinder to cut out a big piece - I know you never would have guessed that! Here's where it's at right now:


I've also been working on some body work; I'll go into detail in another post soon, but here's a few pictures to give you a hint of what I've been working at:



No comments:

Post a Comment