Monday, September 28, 2009

Weight Reduction...

This weekend I spent some time removing the interior. I knew that there is some rust under the carpet so it needed to come out. That required removing about 75% of the interior. I also need to recover the headliner; getting that out required removing pretty much everything else. Here's a pic of the car after I got the carpet out. Most of the yellow/brown stuff is sound deadening not rust!


Here's the area that had rust that I knew about; the drivers footwell directly behind the wheelwell is a common area for rust on these cars. Around the gas pedal is another one. There's also some small bits of rust in the passenger side footwell, but they are much smaller.


Some of this is surface rust but, realistically, most of it will get cut out and new metal will b
be welded in.
Here's the base of the gas pedal. This area isn't nearly as bad as it appears in this picture; a lot of what you see is rust/dirt mixed with water.

Here you can see what's left of the interior of the car after I got the headliner out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment